Most homeowners would like to have a swimming pool in their backyard. It allows them to have a great time relaxing in the pool with family. They can also organize pool parties and become popular socially. The main problem that most families face is with the budget. The common perception is that swimming pools are expensive. Many budget options are available to help people get a pool in their backyard. The article explores all these options.
Planning is the key when you want a budget pool. With proper planning, you can make your dream come true. Here are some of the things you need to consider at the planning stage:
- You need to look at the space available in the backyard. Depending on the space available, you can plan the right kind of swimming pool. The smallest type of pool is a plunge pool that can cost around $13,000 (2.4 m diameter). The cheapest pool is a container pool that may not look great but does its job.
- In case there is no space, you need to work out if you can make space. This may be possible by shifting things. In case there is no space in the backyard, you can even make your pool in the front yard.
- You can get swimming pools in any price range. The sky is the limit. This is why at the planning stage, you need to decide on a budget. Decide how much you can afford. You can also cut costs if needed, so you get your dream pool.
- There are other things to consider at the planning stage. The sloping in your backyard is a factor. If your house is enclosed on all sides by the property, construction work can be a problem. If there are power cables nearby or water pipes, it makes the job even difficult. For each of these issues, there is a solution. You need to plan for it.
- There are two main types of pools. An above the ground pool is the easiest one to fit. All it needs is concrete flooring or even a level surface. The pool is ready-made, and it would be brought and installed in your home. The other type of pool is on the ground. This looks better but is more expensive. You would need to excavate land for this. It costs time and money.
- The best thing to do is to talk to a pool consultant/contractor. Ask them to carry out a site visit. Then based on their recommendations, you can make a decision.
- Swimming pools come in different materials. The best option is fibreglass. These pools are ready-made and can be directly installed. Concrete pools, on the other hand, need to be constructed on-site. You also have vinyl pools that are cheap but difficult to maintain.
- You also need to consider maintenance costs. Pools require a filtration system. The cost of buying the system and running costs should be kept in mind.
Once the planning stage is done, you need to make a decision. Since the budget is known, you can now talk to contractors/vendors about rates. The initial planning would have helped you understand the expenses involved. You will also have decided on the type of pool for your home. Based on this, talk to different contractors. Get quotations from them. Ensure that the quotation covers all expenses, including installation, transport, etc. Compare the quotes and then choose one vendor. The vendor must be able to take approvals from local authorities.
There are different types of swimming pools with different shapes and sizes, small medium and Large Fibreglass Pools. The type and design you choose depend on how much space you have and your budget.
You can keep the following ideas in mind while designing the pool.
- The plunge pool is the ideal option when you are looking for a budget pool. It is a pool that looks good, allows you to swim and relax, and does not cost too much.
- An above the ground plunge pool is the cheapest option. In case you have a little more money, you can select a pool within the ground. This pool will enhance the look of your home and its value. It is a little more expensive, but the money would be worth it.
- Plunge pools come in different sizes. The smallest would be 2.85 metres long and 2.1 metres wide. Large plunge pools would be 6.2 metres long and 3.39 metres wide. The depth of the pool would be around 1.2 to 1.7 metres at the deep end.
- To make your budget pool look good you can surround it with landscaping. Simple arrangements like making a garden with shrubs enhance the appearance of the pool. It also gives you privacy from any nosy neighbors. If you already have landscaping, you can plan your pool around it.
- If space is at a premium, you can even have the entry to the pool from the door of your home. This is a great idea to save space and allow you to directly enter the home.
- A small deck near the pool will allow you to spend time relaxing. You can even use the deck to organize pool parties.
- If space and budget are at a premium, you can opt for a spa pool (also known as spool). This is a small pool with limited space for swimming but has a spa for you to relax. This is a good option for people who want therapy to deal with problems like arthritis, body aches, etc.
- If you have space horizontally, you can even consider a lap pool. This pool is around 10.34 metres long and 2.78 metres wide. This pool is ideal if you wish to practice swimming daily.
As you would have observed, there are many options available if you want a budget swimming pool. You need to consider the space available in your backyard, your budget, and your needs before deciding. You can contact a pool consultant or contractor to get more details.